ALABAMA - Pilot Dies After Survival Flight Medical Helicopter Crashes on Christmas.
The pilot of a medical helicopter that crashed Christmas afternoon has died.
61-year old Douglas Davis suffered an apparent heart attack while landing the air ambulance at the Headland Airport. .
Henry County Coroner Derek Wright said an autopsy will be performed but he believes Davis most likely suffered a heart attack.
The crew of three had been on a call in the Florida panhandle and was returning to the Headland Airport where Survivor Flight 15 is based.
The helicopter landed upside down a short distance from the designated landing area.
The crash happened about 5:00 Wednesday afternoon.
Ever thought about a career as a Flight Medic, Flight Nurse, Flight RT or EMS Pilot?
Join our Future Flight Crew Private Facebook Group. It's chock full of talented folks who will help you succeed.
Answer 3 simple questions to join, takes less than a minute.
CLICK THE BANNER to Sign Up (It's Free):
EMS Flight Safety Network is The People Who Keep Air Medical Safe
- EMTs | Medics | Nurses
- Pilots | Firefighters | ER Staff
- Security | RRTs | Trauma Doctors
- Landing Zone Coordinators | Dispatchers
- Specialty Transport Teams | Flight Surgeons
- Flight Communication Specialists | Mechanics | Chaplains
- Police | Fire Police | CNAs | NICU Nurses | Retirees | Veterans
- The Family, Friends & Coworkers Who Support These Professionals