CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Do you think you've got what it takes to be a firefighter? The City of Corpus Christi wants to hear from you.
The City is currently holding a recruiting drive for the Corpus Christi Fire Department.
Starting Tuesday until January 10, the City will accept applications at City Hall or online .
You don't need to have prior experience to apply. You must be a U.S. citizen and be between the ages of 19 and 36.
"We encourage women and minorities to apply for the position; we are always looking to bump up our numbers there. We have several women in the fire department already. The culture is changing so go ahead and apply," Assistant Fire Chief Doug Matthijetz told Action 10 News.
The Corpus Christi Fire Department will host an informational recruitment meeting on Wednesday, November 6 at the Public Safety Building at the Del Mar West campus. It starts at 6 p.m.
Ever thought about a career as a Flight Medic, Flight Nurse, Flight RT or EMS Pilot?
Join our Future Flight Crew Private Facebook Group. It's chock full of talented folks who will help you succeed.
Answer 3 simple questions to join, takes less than a minute.
CLICK THE BANNER to Sign Up (It's Free):
EMS Flight Safety Network is The People Who Keep Air Medical Safe
- EMTs | Medics | Nurses
- Pilots | Firefighters | ER Staff
- Security | RRTs | Trauma Doctors
- Landing Zone Coordinators | Dispatchers
- Specialty Transport Teams | Flight Surgeons
- Flight Communication Specialists | Mechanics | Chaplains
- Police | Fire Police | CNAs | NICU Nurses | Retirees | Veterans
- The Family, Friends & Coworkers Who Support These Professionals