HOMEWOOD — Officials said an investigation is underway after an ambulance carrying a shooting victim collided with another ambulance.
As reportd by KDKA.com, the crash happened Wednesday night after a double-shooting in Homwood, where one man died and a woman was critically injured.
The ambulance transporting the woman collided with another ambulance that also responded to the shooting.
The crash happened near the intersection of North Braddock Avenue and Finance Street.
Officials said the woman went into cardiac arrest before the crash.
A third ambulance transported the woman to the hospital, where she was declared dead.
It is not clear what caused the crash, officials said. Both ambulances sustained flat tires.
The collision did not impact treatment to the woman, officials said.
Ever thought about a career as a Flight Medic, Flight Nurse, Flight RT or EMS Pilot?
Join our Future Flight Crew Private Facebook Group. It's chock full of talented folks who will help you succeed.
Answer 3 simple questions to join, takes less than a minute.
CLICK THE BANNER to Sign Up (It's Free):
EMS Flight Safety Network is The People Who Keep Air Medical Safe
- EMTs | Medics | Nurses
- Pilots | Firefighters | ER Staff
- Security | RRTs | Trauma Doctors
- Landing Zone Coordinators | Dispatchers
- Specialty Transport Teams | Flight Surgeons
- Flight Communication Specialists | Mechanics | Chaplains
- Police | Fire Police | CNAs | NICU Nurses | Retirees | Veterans
- The Family, Friends & Coworkers Who Support These Professionals