Join the Crew Newsletter. Over 23,187 signed up:

FDNY EMTs Save Four from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

FDNY EMTs Save Four from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Zache Cox and Frantzi Honore responded to a medical call and noticed the carbon monoxide detectors were registering high levels of gas.

NEW YORK — Two FDNY EMTs rescued four people from carbon monoxide poisoning after responding to a medical call

NY Daily News reported that EMTs Zache Cox and Frantzi Honore responded to a home and evacuated four people after they noticed high levels were being registered on the carbon monoxide detectors, according to the FDNY.

A defective boiler was reported as the cause of the gas leak.

“A tragedy and potential disaster was avoided by the quick reactions of these EMS technicians,” Local 2507 president Oren Barzilay said. “We are grateful for the safety equipment and training we receive from the FDNY.”

The fire department posted about the incident on their Facebook page, and users from around the world commented on the save.

“True heroes that should be honored by us all, New York’s Bravest,” one user wrote.


Want EMS and air medical tips sent straight to your inbox? Get The Net newsletter. Sign up here (it's free):

About the Author:

Troy is an Air Medical Career Expert passionate about a team approach to improving air medical safety from the ground up. Troy is a former Army medic, Army pilot, Coast Guard pilot and EMS pilot. Troy has taught hundreds of wannabe flight medics, flight nurses and EMS pilots the exact steps needed to launch air medical careers.

Speak Your Mind

*