They Laughed When I Sat Down in the Cockpit
--But When I Started to Fly!
I remember the day.
The day I told my family . . .
I was going to be pilot.
I remember the exact moment I knew what I was going to do with my life. It was on a trip to Disneyland.
My parents worked it out so I could see the cockpit of the jet we took to Florida. It was the first time I ever flew. The first time I ever saw a jet from the inside. Heck, it was the first time I ever left my hometown. The first time I figured out people got paid to fly.
I remember everything about that day. I got to sit in the cockpit of the airliner . . . and everyone laughed at me.
Nobody said it out loud . . . but I knew what the snickers and laughs were about. "Hey kid, you got a better chance sittin' behind a factory machine (like 95% of my hometown) than you do behind the controls of an airplane . . .
But the laughs didn't matter . . . my mind was set. I knew what I was going to be when I "grew up". At the time I was 15.
Twelve years later, after starting as an Army medic, I got my wish and started Flight School.
Not long after Army Flight School I transferred to the Coast Guard and flew Search & Rescue for the next six years. The same year my first son was born we (my wife and new baby) left the Coast Guard to start the air medical flying journey. That was 13 years ago.
It was a great journey . . . but not a very smooth or easy journey.
Small group coaching is about making your path straighter . . . and smoother . . . and easier.
A personalized connect-the-dots flight plan you can follow to your dream job.
Does This Sound Like You?
. . . or at least some of your story?
You’re not lazy and you’re not afraid to put the work into getting the job you want.
But sometimes it’s hard to figure out just what kind of work you’re supposed to be doing, right? What if there were step-by-step directions that a person could just follow?
A straightforward Flight Plan you follow to a Flight Nurse, Flight Medic, EMS Pilot or Dispatcher Job?
First you start here, and do Step A. It takes some time and attention, but it’s not rocket science either. Here’s what you do if you get stuck. Then you move on to Step B, and here’s how to do that. Keep going, one step at a time, until you get the flight crew job you want.
That's how our small group coaching works.
12-Week Small Group Coaching
--A Connect-the-Dots Personalized Flight Plan
At Emergency Medical Services Flight Safety Network, we turned getting a flight job into easy to follow, actionable steps you complete one at a time until you get your first flight nurse, flight medic, EMS pilot or dispatcher job. Literally, a connect-the-dots personalized Flight Plan.
Why Following a Flight Plan is Important
Why is following a "flight plan" important?
Simple. Following a flight plan saves you a ton of time and money.
If you know where to go and what to do next, you avoid roads that lead to nowhere; or worse yet, roads that take you so far off course that it sets your whole plan back by months or years; and then costs you more time and money to get back on track.
I know I could have really used a flight plan 29 years ago when I started my medical career as an Army Combat Medical Specialist. And I would have really appreciated a flight plan again when I started flying as an Emergency Medical Services pilot.
In small group coaching, each week you get training on the next step in the get a flight job process.
You also get the power of group mastermind working for you.
The Hidden Power of Small Group
We don't know what it is . . . exactly. But there's definitely something special about small groups.
Maybe it's everyone working toward the same goal? Our students tell us "for the first time, instead of being attacked like I was in most forums . . . other people actually tried to help me."
Or maybe it's the feel of almost one-on-one training during the weekly coaching calls?
Or the comments others in your group leave inside the member's only training area?
Or all the satisfied Paramedics, Nurses, Pilots and Dispatchers who reach their goal through this type of training?
We don't know what it is for sure . . . and it's probably different for every person we coach. But for sure, small groups are special, and small groups get results.
Find a Job You Love . . .
And You'll Never Work Another Day
The truth is there will always be more medics, nurses, and pilots who want to fly, than actual flight jobs. The reason most flight crews seem super sharp and awesome at what they do — is because most of them really are awesome.
The real deal . . .
But the rest of the story is that most flight paramedics and nurses started out just like you. They were concerned about their skills not being good enough, or not being in good enough physical shape, breaking free from the rut, or a mistake in their past keeping them from their dreams. But you know what? They did it.
So did I.
And so can you.
If you’re having any of these feelings or doubts . . .
It’s okay. It's completely natural.
The secret to eliminating fear and doubt . . . is to take action! Start moving toward your goals today.
A Feeling Like No Other . . .
Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.Leonardo da Vinci, Teacher & Philosopher
Your New Office --A Medical Helicopter
Imagine being excited to go to work.
Showing up at your ‘office’ — which is really an air medical helicopter or airplane.
Then taking report from the off-going flight medic & nurse, checking equipment and immediately getting paged out to the scene of a multi-car interstate pile up. It’s heart-pounding exciting and humbling all at the same time.
Think about what it’s like to land at an accident scene and see everyone breathe a sigh of relief the moment you and your partner hop out of the helicopter. Because they know when you show up, things just got better. They know the help they need just arrived. Imagine being part of a flight team. Imagine doing your very best for the patients you can help — and getting them to trauma centers in time. Imagine what it feels like to save a life and have one of the survivors come back to thank you in person.
It really is a special job. At times, it really is beyond words.
Of course, not every flight is dramatic. Some are just routine hospital transfers. A patient needs a specialist and it’s your job to get them from one hospital to another safely. So you package up the patient and spend the afternoon flying from one hospital to another.
The truth is that you never know exactly what your day will bring until it happens. But for some people (almost all trauma junkies) that’s part of the excitement. The anticipation of the next call. The excitement of not knowing what’s next, but the confidence of knowing you can handle whatever comes your way.
It really is a job like no other. It really is the best job ever.
A Special Feeling
Or the feeling you get opening a crayon-drawn helicopter thank you card . . . from a 6-year old girl you flew from a car crash to a trauma center.
Who Can Put a Price on Happiness?
"Find a job you love and you'll never work another day."
When you love your job, it doesn’t seem like work. Air medical flight crews describe their work this way. They love what they do. Many admit they would gladly do it for free, or even pay for the chance to fly and help people.
It makes sense. Flying in a multi-million dollar aircraft. Co-workers you think of as second-family. The chance to give something special and valuable to your community – each and every day.
For many, flying air medical is a dream come true.
Is air medical right for you?
Are You Ready to Get Your EMS Career Off The Ground?
Are you ready for your friends, family and co-workers to see and think of you differently?
Are you ready to bring some well deserved respect back to Emergency Medical Services?
Because here's the thing . .
Earning Flight Crew Wings Changes Everything!
No more bus driver comments. No more questions about your skills.
Air Medical is the Gold Standard in EMS. Air Medical is a good place to be.
A good place for you and your family. A good place for you to finally make the difference you planned on making when you started EMS.
Why Should You Listen to Flight Safety Network?
So how do we know the right steps to follow? What makes us experts on Air Medical and Flight Crew Career Plans?
In a word, experience.
In a word, experience. Our team at Flight Safety Network works in the Air Ambulance industry. We see it and do it everyday. We know what works when it comes to getting a flight job; and sometimes more importantly, we know what doesn’t work.
And . . . we keep on top of it.
We work with air medical professionals all over the country to make sure the career advice we give is cutting-edge stuff you can use, right now, today.
We make sure you avoid any costly detours from your Flight Plan to become Air Ambulance Flight Crew.
So what do you think? Are you ready to get started?
5 Reasons to Believe What I Say
- I started my Emergency Medical Services (EMS) career over 25 years ago as an Army medic. I’ve worked full-time as a medic and EMS pilot. Our Flight Safety Network team has over 50+ years of EMS and rescue experience. We know what works, and sometimes more importantly, we know what does not work.
- I currently work full-time coaching future flight nurse, flight paramedic, and EMS pilots.
- I am the director of Flight Safety Network, a community of over 180,000 professionals and caring supporters committed to keeping air medical flight crews safe.
- I personally coached hundreds of EMTs, Paramedics & Nurses to air medical flight and ground careers of their choice.
- Some places you can find me or my work are listed below . . .
Here's What I've Got For You
12-Week Small Group Coaching
- 10 Easy-to-Follow, Fun-to-do Course Modules You Can Access from Anywhere
- Weekly Conference Calls to Keep You on the Right Path - And Get You Unstuck if You Need It
- Member's Only Area to Ask Questions - No such thing as a stupid question when only you and your group can see it
- Email Access to Troy (Flight Safety Network founder) - Got a question how it works in the real world? Just ask.
- Last 2 Modules Tailored to Your Needs - What isn't working, what do you want to see more of? You and your group decide what training you need most
- 3 Emergency Life Lines - Up to 3 one-on-one 15-minute emergency coaching calls to solve any big issues that come up
In Summary, Here is What You Get--
- Module #1 - Air Medical Zen - Find the Right Flight Program for You – Find out exactly how to research a program, learn the requirements, get yourself ready and get the job. Stop wasting time tooling around the internet looking at forum after forum with no results to show for it.
- Module #2 - The Inside Scoop - Learn What Every Flight Program Wants You To Know - But Can’t Tell You Publicly – Ever wish you could go back to high school knowing what you know now? Think of what an advantage you would have. Well, that’s what this module does for you. It gives you the advantage. It fills in all the insider information gaps you wish you knew before you started spending time and money.
- Module #3 - Be All You Can Be - Learn How To Become Your Own Coach - Instead of Your Own Worst Enemy – The world is full of people who reach their career and financial goals, but are still unhappy. This module makes sure that never happens to you. It teaches you how to set goals, build your confidence and track your personal progress. Whether you’re just starting out, or a seasoned professional, this module will change your life.
- Module #4 - Rescue U - Learn The Exact Qualifications To Get Hired - To Succeed And To Thrive - Understand what it takes to get your foot in the door, and to keep it there. Learn the important differences between qualified, competent and proficient; and how to sell yourself to the right people.
- Module #5 - Fly-Along Secrets - How To Take Full Advantage of Fly-Along Day & Continuing Education – Learn the secret to Fly-along day and how to use it to your career advantage. Strategically plan all your interactions with your next employer. Master this module and your next job offer is just a formality.
- Module #6 - Resume Magic – Learn How To Move Your Resume To The Call Back Stack Every Time – Know what to put in a flight resume, what to leave out, and exactly how to write a persuasive cover letter. Get called for the interview every time.
- Module #7 - How To Nail Your Flight Interview – Learn how to sit back, relax and look forward to any interview - Once you know the secrets, it’s almost unfair. The key word is . . . almost.
- Module #8 - Fifty Flight Interview Questions (And Answers) – 50 Ringers - 50 canned flight interview questions with 50 answers you can use ‘as is’ or tailor to your specific situation.
- Module #9 - The Difference Between Winner and Whiner – Not all flight programs are created equal - Understand what to look for in a flight program and what to avoid. Learn the trump card and how to play it, if you ever need to save your own life.
- Module #10 - A Doctorate Degree in Air Medical – Earning a flight job is just the beginning - Learn what it takes to keep your job in a highly competitive environment. How to thrive and be happy at the greatest job in the world.
- Modules 11 & 12: Reserved - Two Modules Just For You - Coaching experience has taught us to leave two modules open and ready to tailor to the exact needs of your class. Don’t worry, by week 10 you’ll be ready to fine tune and start living the dream.
Warning: Do Not Buy Any Flight Coaching Course
Unless it Meets the Following 3 Criteria . . .
There is a lot of confusion about the air medical field. I want to give you 3 criteria you absolutely positively must have in any training you obtain.
- Created by industry experts who work full-time in the air medical industry. Flight Nurses, Medics, Pilots, Landing Zone Officers, 911 Dispatchers - Input from the entire EMS, Fire, Communications — Flight Safety Network team.
- Created using the principles of Crew Resource Management. A team approach to safety and the industry standard for Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS).
- Created with your personal safety top of mind. It kind of goes without saying, but at Flight Safety Network, safety is our top priority.
How Much Does It Cost?
We realize you didn't pick Emergency Medical Services to get money rich . . . and you're probably not money rich doing it. We also realize not everybody can afford the price tag of our $25,000 One-on-One Premier Coaching. That's the reason we pack $25,000 worth of training into this package (for one tenth the price). We could easily charge $2500 for this training --and it would still be a bargain! Of all our coaching packages, courses and training this is the most popular because of the small group mastermind effect on the students, the one-on-one time to get unstuck (if needed), and the easy-to-follow, connect the dots training modules students have fun with. Right now small group coaching is closed. It will re-open on June 15th at a fantastic price.
Pre-order today (until seats are filled) for $
Act Immediately and Get the Following Bonuses
Bonus Module #1
MP3 Interview with Flight Nurse Outreach Coordinator
Get the inside scoop on Flight Nursing and what Air Medical companies do to treat their own customers right. Use it to launch your own career.
Bonus Module #2
.MP3 Interview with a Future Flight Medic Just Hours After He Nails His Real Flight Interview
MP3 Interview with a Wannabe Flight Medic within 1-Hour of Finishing a Live Interview with One of the Largest Air Medical Companies in the United States. Find out what they're really asking . . .
Bonus Module #3
MP3 Flight Nurse Success Tips
Get the inside scoop on Flight Nursing from a seasoned pro with over 30 years of Flight Nursing experience. Hear what it's really like to fly air medical as a Flight Nurse and what top-notch programs look for in new Flight Nurse and Flight Medic new hires.
Don't Take Our Word for it--
Listen to What Others Say About Us
Before I found Flight Safety Network I was a nevous wreck about my flight interview. I read books and researched online forums but Flight Safety Network beat them all. I now feel excited about sharing my past experience in a flight interview and getting on with my air ambulance career. I am no longer in a state of continual worry. Flight Safety Network’s coaching program has taken such a load off my mind. Now I can relax and know I am going into my interviews completely prepared.Gail Terry, MPH, EMT-P, Flight Paramedic, Fernandina Beach, FL
Flight Safety Network took me by the hand and showed me what to do for every step of the ‘get a flight job’ process.
Troy’s advice on how to write a flight resume and cover letter was priceless. His sample interview questions and tips on what to look for in a flight program are worth the price of the whole home study course.
I worked really hard to earn my FP-C and CCEMT-P certifications, I don’t want a stupid mistake or something I just don’t know about the industry to keep me from landing my dream job. Flight Safety Network took care of all the details so I didn’t have to worry.Rob Baughman, FP-C, CCEMT-P, Chambersburg, PA
Flight Safety Network helped me clearly understand the real opportunities available in the air medical industry. Troy quickly put me at ease and made recommendations that made perfect sense for my personal and professional career goals. If your serious about getting started with an air ambulance job, you owe it to yourself to get in touch with Flight Safety Network. I am so glad I did. Now I have a goal and a path to follow.Laura Tremaine, EMT, San Anselmo, CA
My coaching session with Flight Safety Network was awesome! It confirmed the path I’m following to a profesional flight crew career is a good one. Troy listened to the steps I’ve taken so far, and made recommendations I can use, right now, today. They put me on a direct path to success. ”The Flight Stuff” eBook and ‘Get a Flight Job’ checklist are excellent resources. The personal coaching session was icing on the cake.Joseph Sparks, EMT-P, St. Petersburg, FL
I was skeptical when I first found Flight Safety Network. I really did not want to spend money on stuff I figured I already knew. And with 21 years' experience as a medic, I didn't think there was too much I hadn't already seen.
After completing the Flight Safety Network audio course and coaching with Troy, all I can say is - Wow! I am so glad I bought the training. It was worth every penny and then some!
The flight interview tips and fast-action worksheets were priceless. The course teaches what questions to expect in a flight interview and exactly how to answer. Some answers I used 'as is' during my interview.
Nothing speaks louder than results, as they say. Next week I start my training to fly for one of the best air medical teams in the United States. Thank you, Flight Safety Network!Rod Witkos, Flight Paramedic, FP-C, UMASS Memorial LifeFlight, Worcester, MA
Flight Safety Network is terrific. They gave me straight forward, easy to understand advice and clear directions on how best to get started on an air ambulance flight crew career.
I had no idea how a flight interview worked or what to expect until speaking with the experts at Flight Safety Network.
Troy quickly put my fears to rest, and for the first time, I felt like wow, I can really do this! I now know one day I’ll earn the title of ‘Flight Crew’. I really can’t thank them enough.Jess Riddle, EMT, Anaconda, MT
Flight Safety Network gave me the exact advice I needed to start my air medical career with confidence. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone who’s been there, done that, to know you’re on the right track.
Troy listened to my personal situation and then customized an easy-to-follow, step-by-step road map for me to reach my flight goals in the shortest time possible without messing up my family situation. Now that I have a plan I know will work, I’m so excited to get started it’s all i can think about.Catheleen Kloczowski, EMT, Ilion, NY
Flight Safety Network coached me to my first flight job. Before I found Flight Safety Network, I went on interviews, never got a call back and didn't understand why. The tips in the audio course and Troy's personal coaching were right on.
After listening to the audio course and working with Troy it almost seemed "unfair." Once you know what to say and look for, and have the confidence to show your skills and talk about your past experiences, it's just a matter of time until you get hired."Daniel Baskett, Flight Paramedic, FP-C, PHI Air Medical, Arlington, TX
30-Day Risk Free 'Run It Thru The Tail Rotor' Guarantee
What’s a Tail Rotor Guarantee? It means if for whatever reason you decide the small group coaching isn’t for you, you can run it through the tail rotor of a helicopter and return it for a full refund (the training modules, not the helicopter) and we’ll give you all your money back. With no questions asked. Return it within 30 days for a complete refund. Just send it back. And I’ll be happy to refund your money with a smile.
What I'm saying is, don't decide now if coaching is for you. Just get it and try it out. If it doesn't do everything I say, if you don't save money, time and frustration . . . if it isn't life-changing, if it doesn't work for you, you have nothing to worry about because you can get every dime of your money back under our run it through the tail rotor guarantee. So you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Here's How To Order Right Now
To enroll in 12-Week Small Group Coaching just click the "Enroll Me in 12-Week Small Group Coaching and Create My Account" button below.
Clear Skies & Tailwinds,
Director, Flight Safety Network
p.s. as soon as you complete payment you're sent an email with your password and login (you pick during checkout). Just login and get started.
p.p.s. don't worry if you're not a "techie type." If you can use a computer mouse, you can do it.